Hello from Utah!! My apologies for taking a few days to get this post up but I have been running around non-stop! Adding to the fact that I am currently laptop-less whenever I travel due to a hardware issue, it has been a bit difficult to get a post up every day. That said, I’m fine with monopolizing the business center in my hotel 🙂
Last week a lovely fellow blogger Re3ecca nominated me for a “Very Inspiring Blogger” award. Needless to say I was shocked and humbled and I’m so happy to hear about this award because it seems like such a fun way to pass the blogger love around! I’ve spent some time enjoying fellow blogs about everything from food, interior design, photography, and of course travel. Based on the blogs I’ve discovered, everyone in the blogosphere so genuine with their passions that I really can’t help but be inspired. Going along with that, I’m so honored to receive this nomination because when I created this blog, its sole purpose was to inspire people to travel throughout the United States, whether you are from here or not, and this award makes me feel like I am truly answering my calling. Feels so good!
Let’s get into what this award is all about…
- Thank the person who nominated you. Thanks Re3ecca!
- Post the award to your page.
- Share 7 facts about yourself.
- Nominate more bloggers
7 facts about myself…
- I travel everywhere with two bears named Huggie and Geronimo. I’m pretty sure there is some psychological issue associated with this but I really don’t care. Huggie was given to me by my father when I was 9 months old for my first Valentine’s Day and he’s sort of falling apart but he’s just a little nugget that I love so much. Geronimo was given to me by my uncle when I was 5 years old and has traveled the world because he went on all family vacations while Huggie was banned to the house (long story). I’m instantly more calm when I have these bears around. I might retire them soon as I know I’m (barely) an adult but shhhhh don’t tell them.
- I don’t drink alcohol.
- My parents are my best friends. This is so nerdy of me to admit which is why I’m admitting it. I can talk to them about anything and it makes me feel like the luckiest child in the world.
- I can’t take it when an unknown singer attempts to sing the national anthem at a public event. It makes me want to crawl under ANYTHING and avert my eyes. I’ve coined this term as “outbarrassed”, meaning I get embarrassed for someone else even though it has nothing to do with me.
- I love seafood. When I was little, a favorite activity of my Dad and I was to go grocery shopping together and I would pick out all of our fish/shellfish. To this day, the seafood counter is my favorite area of a grocery store. I love all types of fish and shellfish and slightly judge people who don’t like it (sorry!).
- I have three tattoos and I’m considering more. Sorry Mom.
- I’m pretty sure I was a performer in a former life. I used to memorize music video choreography (Britney Spears especially) when I was younger and still bust out Beyonce choreo when I’m home alone watching her Live at Roseland DVD. At the same time, I can spit Jay Z lyrics and mimic all of his mannerisms, hand movements, expressions, etc. It’s really strange but my friends find it hilarious when I get “in the zone”.
Now on to the blogs! Here are my nominations for a Very Inspiring Blogger Award:
- Taking to the Open Road – The name says it all…
- SethSnap – Beautiful photography from an area of America I have yet to explore.
- Maxine Writes – I love this blog that covers everything from music to food and travel. Also, Maxine leaves the BEST comments ever on my blog!
- Sweet Revelations – This blog makes me embrace my sweet tooth instead of shunning it!
- An Adventure in Finding Balance – As a person who moves a million miles a minute, I can completely identify with this blog. I also love the fitness portion and the honesty regarding how hard it is to keep fitness an important part of your life with everything else most young women have going on.
- Eat and Relish – Delicious, healthy and usually Western-inspired recipes from a delightful Colorado girl. GORGEOUS food photos
- I am Kat Golden – Beauty product reviews and fashion musings. Kat’s honesty about her past fashion phases is refreshing and hilarious.
- Sweet Nothings – The interior design posts in this blog clutch my heart Every. Single. Time. The post about the Smeg fridge? I MEAN HONESTLY. Jaz and I are interior design soul sisters, she just doesn’t know it yet!
What blogs have you recently read that inspire you? Leave me some links in the comment section so I can explore! I want to give a disclaimer that most of these blogs are via the wordpress community, but I also have some other inspiring blogs in my blogroll on the right side of the screen. Check them out!